The Prevue Assessment
The Prevue Assessment is a remarkable online measure that assesses individual’s abilities, interests & motivations and personality in one on-line assessment. Uniquely Prevue has the facility to create benchmarks for jobs. These are profiles – across the 20 scales – that would be the ideal profile for a successful job holder. Benchmarking enables an organisation to identify exactly what kind of people they are looking for to fill particular roles within their particular culture and environment. It also enables users to consider people for future roles.
The Prevue Assessment was developed by a team led by Professor David Bartram and Dr Pat Lindley. Both are recognised as leading authorities in occupational testing.
The Prevue Assessment has been designed to be quick and easy to use. It is available on-line. It is widely used for recruitment and selection, talent management, team building, personal development, performance management, reward and recognition, succession planning, assessment and development centres, cultural audit and evaluation, career guidance and in general assessment work. It is useful for all occupations and can be used comfortably from age 15+.
Prevue has undergone exhaustive evaluation to ensure it is fair and effective see the British Psychological Society review.
The Prevue assessment can add value within organisations by:
- Reduce employee turnover
- Reduce recruitment costs
- Improve selection of staff - who perform better and more quickly
- Improve Performance.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of key processes - development, recruitment, etc.
- Improve the quality of information for employees and organisations.
What does Prevue measure?
Based on the 'Big 5' framework Prevue measures Abilites, Interests & Motivations and Personality
- Abilities - Verbal, Numerical and Spatial Abilities – combining these to produce a General abilities scale
- Motivation & Interests - The extent to which the individual is interested in working with people, data and with things
- Personality - Twelve scales around 4 core themes (from the “big 5” model) – Independence, Conscientiousness, Extraversion and Stability. (The subscales measure co-operativeness, assertiveness, innovation, organisation, group orientation, outgoing ness, poise and excitability.)
- Social Desirability - The extent to which the individual presents a favourable picture of themselves.
Prevue produces 5 valuable reports to be generated within minutes of test end. Reports include:
- Selection Report – measuring fit for role and generating sample interview questions to probe gaps.
- Individual Report – Provides an explanation of the individuals results – used for feedback
- Personal Development Report – Examines gaps between the benchmark and the individuals profile – and suggest personal development actions.
- Succession Planning Report - Helps to identify to which roles the individual might be well suited or lists in order of fit candidates for a single role.
- Working Characteristics Report – providing additional information about fit for organisational culture and the individual’s preferences in the workplace